This qualification will provide you with the necessary skills to work in various hospitality settings, such as restaurants, hotels, motels, catering operations, clubs, pubs, cafés, and coffee shops. It will give you the opportunity to acquire a range of hospitality operational skills and basic industry knowledge.
This course is half price for everyone (excl. school students) as part of the Lower Fees, Local Skills initiative. Fees are also capped at $1,200; or $400 if you're aged 15—24 or eligible for a concession. Find out more here.
^ You’ll pay half price course fees on Lower fees, Local Skills qualifications, however please note other fees may apply such as for resources that are specifically needed for your course.
|School Leaver||Non-School Leaver||AQF|
|OLNA or NAPLAN 9 Band 8||C Grades in Year 10 English and Maths or equivalent||Certificate I or Certificate II|
RTO Entry Requirements
Potential students must:
- Be able to meet the physical requirements of working in a commercial Hospitality venue, including but not limited to manual handling and standing for long periods of time.
- Be able to communicate effectively with written and spoken English.
Have literacy and numeracy skills to read and interpret menus, safety data and operational manuals.
Licensing, Legislation and Regulation Requirements
- Food Standards Australia New Zealand (FSANZ) is a statutory authority in the Australian Government Health portfolio,
- FSANZ develops food standards for Australia and New Zealand Food Act 2008,
- Work Health and Safety Act 2020,
- The relevant Central Regional TAFE policies and procedures will also be applied to delivery and assessment of this qualification.
Upon successful completion you will receive a Certificate II in Hospitality.
For more information about job and career pathways, visit Jobs and Skills WA.(opens in a new tab)
Pathways from this qualification:
- SIT30622 - Certificate III in Hospitality(opens in a new tab)
- SIT30816 - Certificate III in Commercial Cookery(opens in a new tab)
We offer a range of further study opportunities, view our course list here(opens in a new tab) .