Open the gate to a career in Agriculture.
Looking for a career in agriculture? We offer a wide range of industry relevant agriculture courses that will give you the practical skills and knowledge to get where you want to go. Our award-winning lecturers will give you hands-on training on real farms where you will have the opportunity to take part in projects and form relationships with industry partners.
A Certificate II in Agriculture is an entry-level course focused on the fundamentals of modern farm work, including working with livestock and crops. This qualification is a starting point for anyone looking to work within any stream of agriculture. It will also set you up for a wide range of career and study paths across agriculture, agribusiness and rural operations.
Skills you'll learn:
- Work effectively in the industry
- Assist crop establishment, maintenance and harvesting
- Install, maintain and repair farm fencing
- How to care for health and welfare of livestock
- How to operate vehicles, machinery and equipment
This course is right for you if:
- You enjoy physically active work
- You have good manual dexterity
- You like to drive vehicles or equipment
- You have a good knowledge of food production and processing
- You're adaptable and coordinate work with others
|School Leaver||Non-School Leaver||AQF|
|OLNA or NAPLAN 9 Band 8||C Grades in Year 10 English and Maths or equivalent||Certificate I or Certificate II|
Job opportunities include:
- Agribusiness Administrator
- Farm or station hand
- Farm Production Manager
- Production Unit Manager
- Station/Property Manager
Please note: This list is a guide only as job titles and qualification requirements may vary between organisations.