Open the gate to a career in Agriculture.
Looking for a career in agriculture? We offer a wide range of industry relevant agriculture courses that will give you the practical skills and knowledge to get where you want to go. Our award-winning lecturers will give you hands-on training on real farms where you will have the opportunity to take part in projects and form relationships with industry partners.
A Certificate II in Agriculture is an entry-level course focused on the fundamentals of modern farm work, including working with livestock and crops. This qualification is a starting point for anyone looking to work within any stream of agriculture. It will also set you up for a wide range of career and study paths across agriculture, agribusiness and rural operations.
Skills you'll learn:
- Work effectively in the industry
- Assist crop establishment, maintenance and harvesting
- Install, maintain and repair farm fencing
- How to care for health and welfare of livestock
- How to operate vehicles, machinery and equipment
This course is right for you if:
- You enjoy physically active work
- You have good manual dexterity
- You like to drive vehicles or equipment
- You have a good knowledge of food production and processing
- You're adaptable and coordinate work with others
|School Leaver||Non-School Leaver||AQF|
|OLNA or NAPLAN 9 Band 8||C Grades in Year 10 English and Maths or equivalent||Certificate I or Certificate II|
Job opportunities include:
- Agribusiness Administrator
- Farm or station hand
- Farm Production Manager
- Production Unit Manager
- Station/Property Manager
Please note: This list is a guide only as job titles and qualification requirements may vary between organisations.
Study options and how to apply
Click on your preferred study option below to get started with your application or enrolment.
Available all year round, 2021
Merredin - Workplace Delivery
A CRTAFE trainer and assessor can complete an assessment of a person’s knowledge and competencies whilst on-the-job (in the workplace). Options can vary across qualifications and campuses.
|When||Available all year round, 2021|
Please note: Where displayed, fees are only an estimate. Course information and fees are subject to change without notice.
- Fees may differ between campus locations due to the difference between elective units in the course study plan or a need to adapt courses to meet local industry needs.
- Fees may also differ for individuals depending on units of study selected, prior qualifications and recognition of prior learning (RPL).
- Fees are payable at the time of enrolment.
- Total fees quoted include tuition fees and resource fees. You may also be required to purchase text books, uniforms or other personal equipment that are not included in this fee estimate.
- For Lower Fees, local skills (half-price) courses please refer to additional eligibility information above.
- Proof of concession must be presented to access concession rates if eligible.
- Concession rates: If eligible, proof of concession must be presented.
- Concessions and the secondary school age fee cap do not apply to commercial courses (short courses), or Foundation Programs (i.e ESL and General Education).
- Secondary school aged persons (in 2021, students born on or after 1 July 2003 who are at least 15 years old in 2021) undertaking training that is not part of a VET Delivered to Secondary Schools program, the maximum course (tuition) fee chargeable is $420. Additional resource fees and discretionary fees may apply.
- VET Student Loans for eligible courses and fee caps may be subject to changes implemented by the Australian Government.
More information: Visit our fees and payment options page or call us on 1800 672 700
READY TO APPLY?
Use the APPLY NOW box to register and apply for this course. Our Lecturer will assess your application online. You can follow the Register & Apply guide here.
Fees: Calculate your estimated fee in the above units and fees tab.